Eight new nonprofit journalism organizations have joined the Institute for Nonprofit News (formerly Investigative News Network).
The additional joining members signal a growth in the organization of more than 100 nonprofit news organizations covering anywhere from local news to state/regional news to single-subject enterprise reporting.
The new members include:
- San Juan Independent is headed by Alec Jacobson and it focuses on news in the Telluride, Colorado region.
- Twin Cities Media Alliance does on news in the Minneapolis region; it is headed by Jeremy Iggers.
- SembraMedia is based in Los Angeles and helps news organizations in Latin America. This project is headed by Janine Warner.
- Hashtag30 is based in San Diego but has a wider, national scope. The project is headed by Susan White.
- Alabama Initiative for Independent Journalism is based in Birmingham, Alabama, creating regional news with Carol Nunnelley heading the organization.
- The PeeDee Post is based in Rockingham, North Carolina, and headed by Kevin Spradlin.
- New Hampshire Center for Public Interest Journalism reports regional news from Barrington, New Hampshire, and it's headed by Nancy West.
- Baltimore Brew covers local news in Baltimore and it is headed by Fern Shen.
For more information about INN member organizations, visit our member profile page.