Email Newsletters: Strategies and tactics to grow audience
May 1 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC-4
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 1:00pm on Wednesday, repeating until May 15, 2019
Newsletters are an important tool to build audience. Whether you are starting out or have a well-developed email newsletter process, this training will offer tips and tools to elevate your existing program.
These workshops are geared to newsrooms that are recent startups, just launching email newsletters or those who may need to refresh their existing newsletter. These segments provide a basic toolkit for starting, ramping up newsletters and promoting them. Startups will learn why an email newsletter may be the first step, even before a web site.
- Feb. 20: Strategy: How to set audience goals and identify content strategy for key audiences
- March 6: Launching a Minimum Viable Newsletter and how you can publish one in just 90 mins per issue
- March 20: Content/Production workflow: Frequency and cadence that is sustainable
- April 3: Capture and Convert basics: Manual and automated options
- April 17: Templates: How to make open source templates your own
- May 1: Editorial: What makes a must-read newsletter?
- May 15: Basic analytics: What to measure in 15 minutes per week