- This event has passed.
INN Box: Office Hours for Business and Planning Assistance
June 5, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
Most INN members started news organization because of their passion for investigative and public service journalism, yet to sustain the organization, they’ve had to expand their business acumen. This juggling act can be challenging. That’s where we can help.
Bring your strategy and business questions, ideas, and challenges to the weekly Zoom video sessions held Wednesdays 3-4 pm EST.
Who could benefit from these chat sessions?
- Are crafting a business model and need some guidance.
- Want to develop a business plan, but aren’t sure where to start or how to approach the task.
- Are wrestling with how to prioritize various audience, revenue and distribution models for nonprofit news.
- Those facing a strategic shift or crossroads and need help thinking it through.
- Have created a business plan draft and need some objective feedback.
- Have an idea for a new revenue stream, but aren’t sure how to go from idea to execution.
- Are diversifying into advertising/underwriting revenue and need assistance with a sales strategy and implementation plans.
- Need help building financial projections.
- Want to better understand the story your financials are telling you.
Other business or strategic concerns are welcome. For most situations, 20 minutes will be just enough time to explain the issue or concern. Not to worry, we can schedule additional time. Major projects might incur custom consulting fees, but Office Hours and short-term consultations are free for INN members and all consulting is subsidized thanks to the generous support of the Democracy Fund, Ethics & Excellence in Journalism Foundation, Open Society Foundations, Knight Foundation and MacArthur Foundation.
Please sign up for a 20-minute slot here: INN Box Office Hours Schedule