- This event has passed.
INN Training: Masterful Management -Tools for Making Management Less Painful
September 20 @ 5:15 am UTC-4
A simple definition of leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act towards achieving a common goal. Yet there are specific skills and techniques that leaders can utilize to help ensure that they are successful in achieving the organization's goals while cultivating a productive and positive work culture.
This series of webinars will provide practical tips and tools that you can implement right away.
Register for the series of four sessions or just for individual sessions.
Four sessions: $35 for INN members, $75 for non-members
Individual sessions: $10 each for INN members, $25 for non-members
Leading Empowering Conversations, Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Gain the skills and confidence to transform every conversation from predictable to powerful. In this call you will learn how to:
● Listen purposefully to help solve problems at their root
● Go beyond what’s at the surface to uncover the deeper motivations that drive behavior
● Ask game-changing questions that spur new thought and action
● Encourage others to take ownership and initiative
Co-Creating Powerful Professional Relationships, Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Would you like to prevent interpersonal problems before they occur? Learn how to:
● Consciously create or recreate a relationship based on mutual respect and understanding
● Encourage others to take responsibility for what they bring to their work relationships
● Set the stage for creative collaboration among individuals and teams
● Create a self-sustaining dynamic of trust, risk and effectiveness
Managing for Motivation, April 2, 2019
How do you keep morale and motivation up in your newsroom? How do you empower people when you can’t offer them a promotion or raise? In this sessionyou will learn how to:
● Understand the needs and values (beyond money!) that drive human behavior and how they play out at work
● Support everyone in your newsroom to honor their individual values and those of your organization.
● Help others make a bigger contribution and be happier at work
Manager, Mentor, Coach, April 16, 2019
In every interaction you are likely playing one, two or all three of these roles. To be most effective, you must be selective about which role(s) you’re playing at any given time. In this call you will learn to:
● Define and differentiate the roles of manager, mentor and coach
● Consciously move through each role and know when to step into each one
● Show how you can wear each hat in a variety of scenarios such as,
○ Giving effective feedback
○ Having difficult conversations
○ Implementing and leading organizational change
Madhu Krishnappa Maron is the Founder of MadhuCoach, a coaching and consulting practice dedicated to supporting individuals and organizational leaders on the path to transformation. She merges expertise as a Human Resources professional with stellar coaching skills and a belief in her clients’ innate resourcefulness to help them envision and make changes they never thought possible. Prior to becoming a coach, Maron spent seventeen years as a Human Resources professional, working with The Associated Press, Standard & Poor’s, Henry Ford Health System (Detroit), the New York City Economic Development Corporation and other organizations.
Maron is credentialed as a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) by the International Coach Federation. She mentors coaches-in-training and conducts her own program, Creating Meaningful Work, at the New York Open Center. As a coach, Maron has partnered with clients at American Airlines, Bankrate.com, Consumer Reports, HBO and The Associated Press. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan and is a qualified administrator of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
A passionate Motown music fan, Maron was born in Detroit, Michigan to immigrant parents from India. She now makes her home in the Bronx, New York with her family.