- This event has passed.
Major Gifts Coaching Program Information Session
January 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on January 24, 2018 at 1:00pm
This is an information session to learn more about INN's Major Gifts Coaching Program. Join the Q&A to meet the coach, find out how the program works and the process to apply for the cohort.
Major Gifts Coaching Program includes:
- how to formulate a Major Gift Program
- determine who has the capacity to give
- what to say
- who to say it to and how much to ask for
- how to ask for a gift using best practices, role plays, etc.
- drafts of pledge and gift forms
- a thank-you plan that goes beyond IRS required letters
- on-going coaching for 6 months post-training
- A donor base of at least 1,000 donors (names and addresses - email is not sufficient)
- At least 20 donors who are making gifts of $500 or more
- A senior staff or board member who agrees to be the primary contact and commits to completing at least 5 solicitations over a 6-month period.
- Two to four people from the organization who agree to attend the training (ED, Development Director, board members)
Time Commitment: A minimum of 32 hours over 9 months for the primary fund raiser. That includes training and coaching time plus prep for solicitation calls.
Presenter and Coach: Diane Remin, Major Gifts consultant
Diane is Founder and President of MajorDonors.com where she combines her nonprofit board, consulting and fundraising expertise with her business background, enabling small-to-mid-sized nonprofit organizations to tap more deeply into the dominant funding source in the USA: individual gifts. Diane is focused on unleashing the power of your organization's story and to giving you the tools and confidence to invite your donors to make the projects, programs and dreams they care about come true.
Her first nonprofit board experience, for a child welfare agency, coincided with the organization's first-ever capital campaign. As part of that campaign, Diane successfully solicited multiple five-and six-figure gifts. The power of a compelling story combined with in-person visits with donors stayed with her.
Prior to starting MajorDonor.com Diane was a Senior Associate for Biondolillo Associates, Inc., a marketing and development company. Biondolillo, nationally acclaimed as the “walk-a-thon” experts, has raised $1 billion for nonprofits nationwide.
From her board and consulting perspective, Diane observed the “major gift divide” between large and small nonprofits: large organizations building robust major gift departments with prospect research staffs and smaller organizations typified by a multi-tasking Development Director with responsibility for several job functions. Major gifts almost always take a back seat to direct mail, special events and grant-writing. Boards often do not have the horsepower that the organization needs. These observations prompted the founding of MajorDonors.com.
Diane holds a B.A. from Carnegie-Mellon University, an M.A. Ed. from George Washington University and an M.B.A. from Boston University. She is a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and The Boston Club. She serves on the board of The Food Project and the Dunkin' Donuts Baskin-Robbins Community Foundation.