INN Coaching: Succession Planning for Nonprofit News Leaders
May 14, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm UTC-6
One event on March 12, 2019 at 12:00pm
One event on April 9, 2019 at 12:00pm
One event on May 14, 2019 at 12:00pm
One event on June 18, 2019 at 12:00pm
One event on July 16, 2019 at 12:00pm
Looking ahead to leave your legacy to the next generation but unsure where to start?
For those planning to make a leadership transition this coaching series will guide you through each step of the process. The program consists of monthly 2-hour sessions for six months. Participants will complete homework assignments and meet with a peer-coach between sessions.
Session topics will be finalized based on participant interest, but are likely to include:
1. Overview of Succession Planning: The first session will provide an overview of what succession planning is and is not, why it is important to start planning now, and who and when to tell people you are thinking about succession planning. We will also spend time getting to know each other, building trust, and establishing confidentiality and other group agreements.
2. Legacy Planning: Participants will have the opportunity to think about and plan for the legacy they want to leave behind when they leave their organization.
3. Readiness Assessment: Participants will determine what aspects of their organizations leave them open to risk in the event of an executive transition.
4. Emergency Succession Planning: Participants will create an “emergency succession plan.” This plan prepares the organization to continue to function if they were to be without an ED/CEO for six months.
5. Recruitment, Hiring and Onboarding Process: Finding the right replacement is key to an organization’s success.
6. TBD based on interest in conjunction with INN staff to include a description of the course, peer coaching, topics to be covered with an estimated time investment for the participants. This information will be utilized to market the cohort to the broad INN membership.
Participant Time Commitment: 24-30 hours throughout six months
- Online Sessions: 2 hours monthly for six months = 12 hours
- Between sessions: individual homework (1-2 hours) and peer coaching (1 hour) monthly for six months = 12-18 hours
DATES and TIMES:
Feb. 12, Mar. 12, Apr.9, May 14, June 18, July 16
All sessions are 1 pm-3 pm EST and will be conducted via Zoom.
For additional information about the instructor, course and expected outcomes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fFcgIB0xIl6e7dK-dgDnHns8qGUjkk-dkNBrxWHKftQ/edit