SmartNews is a platform for news discovery and distribution. Using a series of topical and geographical channels, the platform aggregates content from a variety of publishers and delivers it to consumers. All INN members are eligible to be included on SmartNews.
- All INN members who have a current, public RSS feed will be eligible for inclusion in the app’s Public Interest channel. In addition, geographically-based members are mapped to channels for their location, increasing their exposure.
- The app primarily drives users back to your website, meaning they are exposed to your on-site messaging and sponsorship. In addition, you should be able to see SmartNews as a referral source in your analytics, enabling you to track the traffic SmartNews is generating.
- If you have an existing relationship with SmartNews, nothing changes. If you don’t, however, this is an opportunity for you to extend the reach of your digital content.
About: SmartNews is a Japanese news app with a rapidly expanding US news audience — 6.2 million US consumers as of early 2019. It partners with some publishers directly, including some of our larger INN members.
Rate: There is no cost and no payment for participating in the INN/SmartNews partnership.
The Patch local news platform has partnered with INN to give members an opportunity to be paid to publish their content on Patch. Patch has operations in more than 1,000 communities in all 50 states, and also works with national content partners to share content that may be relevant to local audiences.
- INN has reviewed and negotiated a specific set of Nonprofit Publisher Terms that Patch will use with INN members who wish to pursue this agreement. The agreement is between you and Patch, however, so you should review it to ensure your comfort with all terms. Note that you can opt into or opt out of Patch’s extended distribution.
- In addition, Patch will provide direct payments to you based on the terms outlined in the agreement. Patch also provides a publisher dashboard so you can track and report this additional audience as your own.
About: Patch is a platform to find out about, and participate in, what's going on near you. It creates original content and also distributes content contributed by partners.
Rate: INN members are paid $0.01 per eligible pageview.