We’re looking for a Manager, Client Services to work closely with advertising and sponsorship sales across our news sites: currently, Berkeleyside and an Oakland site that will launch this spring. You will build and maintain client relationships, manage RFPs and acquire new business, as well as process, launch, manage, optimize and report ad campaigns. The job is based in Oakland and Berkeley.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time in our development. After 10 years building Berkeleyside into a widely recognized, nationally lauded local news site, we are launching an ambitious, yet-to-be-named mission-driven organization that will embrace Berkeleyside and new city newsrooms. We have core funding from the American Journalism Project and Google News Initiative. Our first new launch will be in Oakland this spring.
What you’ll do
- Work with the sales team to build and grow our current client list
- Develop strong relationships with our local clients
- Coordinate with the billing team on sales
- RFP execution, completion and fulfillment
- Review and build media plans and provide scalable solutions for advertisers
- Develop strong understanding of ad products and sponsorship opportunities
- Help with sales proposals, decks, one-sheets
- Traffic, test, maintain and track digital advertising campaigns
- Act as a strategic partner within account teams; provide consultation to sales and clients
- Resident ad specs expert
- Assist in standardizing the trafficking process across all platforms
- Report to the Director, Client Partnerships
What you’ll need to succeed
- 1-3 years experience in relevant position in digital advertising
- Knowledge of the interactive marketplace
- Customer service-oriented mindset
- Experience in ad serving platforms and Microsoft Office programs (Google Ad Manager, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Strong aptitude for identifying problems, troubleshooting issues and problem-solving
- Strong work ethic and excellent time-management skills
- Must be a team player comfortable in a collaborative environment
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently in a results-oriented work environment and multitask in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects and clients
- Be diligent and disciplined, dependable, adaptable and resourceful
- Be friendly, approachable and have a kind demeanor when communicating with clients and your team
- We’re especially interested in candidates who
- Are passionate about advertising and enjoy both teaching and learning about online local news.
- Have MailChimp experience
How we’ll support you
- Top-notch in-house mentorship and a transparent internal review and feedback process
- $1,000 in support for conferences and training
We offer a competitive salary, health plan, four weeks of paid leave and a 401(k) match.
We’re committed to building an inclusive newsroom that represents the people and communities we serve. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply for this position, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.