Website Bridge Michigan
Bridge Michigan seeks a Website and Digital Production Specialist. The successful candidate will help shepherd editorial copy and images through our fast-growing website covering Michigan news. You will work closely with editors and other managers, post stories and share them on social media. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, keen organizational skills and strong knowledge of SEO, basic HTML coding, basic photo editing, posting stories in a CMS (Drupal, ideally) and curating social media platforms. Experience creating graphics and Photoshop are a plus. Shift to run approx. 11am – 7pm, Mon-Fri. This is a salaried, entry-level position with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and paid vacation.
Due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Lansing and Ann Arbor offices are closed, and staff members are working remotely. After the COVID-19 pandemic, the work location will remain flexible.
We are committed to diversity and encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities. To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the words “Production Specialist” in the subject line.
- An adventurous technical spirit. Not intimidated by tackling something new.
- Experience with the back end of a content management system (CMS – Drupal is ideal). Including experience posting stories, photo galleries, and embedding Tweets, YouTube videos, or other forms of media/social media.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics with ability to run reports.
- Experience with basic editing of photos in Photoshop or an equivalent program.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Experience updating professional social media accounts; knowledge of third-party scheduling tools a plus.
- This position will also involve occasional data entry and customer service outreach on behalf of the organization’s individual fundraising (membership) program.
THE BEST CANDIDATE WILL HAVE SOME COMBINATION OF THESE SKILLS
- Newsroom experience
- CMS experience
- Experience using Google Trends and/or Google Search Console
- Basic HTML
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager; particularly building lead generation ads and evaluating boosted posts.
- Experience building newsletters; preferably with Mailchimp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org