If you’re an organized, efficient person who enjoys a busy environment and believes journalism is essential to our society, you might be the perfect Office and Studio Manager for CalMatters.
We’re a nonpartisan, nonprofit newsroom covering California issues like environmental regulation, education, health care, economic inequality and elections. For our new Sacramento headquarters we need someone who can keep the place running smoothly and handle our audio, video and events spaces.
Your role would include these responsibilities:
Scheduling and setting up meeting spaces and studios.
Coordination and hospitality for guest speakers, visitors and staff meetings.
Managing the kitchen, office supplies, display screens and front desk.
Handling relationships with vendors who provide Internet, security and janitorial service.
Light IT and audiovisual support for staff and events.
Data entry and other work to support our fundraising and financial operations.
The role includes moderate physical work, such as setting up chairs and tables, and occasional evening support for events.
If you’re a great fit for this role, you’ll have a bachelor’s degree, a year or more of experience in this kind of role, and perhaps coursework or experience demonstrating a passion for journalism.
We’re also looking for these attributes:
• Excellent verbal, presentation, research and writing skills
• Sound time-management practices
• A high degree of professionalism with internal and external audiences
• Ability to organize materials, pay attention to details, and meet deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently
• A positive, team-oriented approach
• A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly and with high quality
• Proficiency with personal computers, Microsoft and Google software, Salesforce or similar databases, and audio and video equipment.
We value diversity and encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities. Our excellent compensation program includes competitive salaries, great healthcare and a 401(k) match.
If you are interested, please email a resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re a great fit to email@example.com. Application is due by Friday, January 17.