CatchLight is looking for a dynamic, creative and dedicated new team member to help support the management of CatchLight’s visually-driven communications and programming. This is a full-time contract position to start with potential to become a salaried position. We are reviewing applicants on a rolling basis. Salary commensurate with experience. CatchLight is an equal opportunity employer that embraces an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment.
- Writing, editing, design and visual packaging of both external communications (i.e. press releases, newsletters, blogs and social media content) as well as internal communications (i.e. funding proposals, pitches, and presentations).
- Grow brand awareness through day-to-day management of CatchLight’s social media channels.
- Precise database and digital image collection management: keep track of details, licensing, information and outcomes in systematic ways.
- Creatively utilize online engagement tools and metrics to inform, develop, and implement CatchLight’s digital marketing and distribution strategy.
- Successfully foster partnerships and facilitate events/programming in-person and online.
Skills we’re interested in:
We will prioritize applicants with a proven track record in the following areas:
- At least 3 years of experience with a professional network in visual media, journalism, the arts and/or development field(s).
- Passion for understanding of visual culture—visually driven communication & editing skills: fluency in Adobe Creative Suite and Squarespace, a plus.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, visual and video editing, and how to create and measure brand awareness.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and how to create and measure brand awareness.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics.
- Collaborative and cooperative work ethic with “can do” attitude: comfortable working with a small team on complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Project/Event management—organizing program logistics, promotional materials, and events involving multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Self-starter with excellent time management and problem-solving skills: ability to work independently, take initiative, and prioritize tasks.
- Superior verbal, written, and digital communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Key Criteria For Evaluation — In addition to demonstrating strong skill set requirements, we are looking for excellence in the following areas.
- Creativity – you are a net positive force of creative capital. Your engagement not only enhances the organizational performance, it enhances the creative capacities of the entire team. You bring ideas to the team.
- Character- you operate at the highest executive function in your personal organization, your communications style, and your integrity. You bring follow through, resourcefulness, and coordination to the team.
- Culture- you add positively to the social focus, the energy and the engagement of those around you. You bring warmth, generosity of spirit, excitement, respect, and fun to the team.
If you think you are a good fit please email your resumé to email@example.com for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org