Chalkbeat, the growing nonprofit news organization covering educational change efforts in the communities where improvement matters most, is seeking an executive assistant. The executive assistant will work closely with our CEO, helping her execute key duties across the organization. The right candidate will be highly organized, comfortable working at a fast pace, and a strong communicator with a willingness to learn and grow.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Maximizing our CEO’s efficiency by managing her day-to-day workflow and correspondence, including: coordinating task management, owning organization of her inbox, drafting and tracking online correspondence with a wide range of relationships (from journalists to philanthropists to education sources), managing her calendar, planning business travel, processing expenses and reimbursements, and managing contact lists (in Gmail and SalesForce).
- Tracking and transcribing meeting notes and next steps.
- Working with colleagues across the organization to see through coordination of tasks and execution of duties.
- Supporting with occasional project management tasks across teams, such as: data entry, document editing, event planning, etc.
What qualifications we’re looking for:
- At least one year of experience supporting a senior organizational leader preferred
- Two or more years of professional work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Proven project management and task management ability in a deadline-driven environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Flexibility and comfortability working in an environment where multitasking is the norm, the pace is fast, and priorities will evolve
- Ability to write clearly and compellingly
- Proficient with office software, primarily the Google Suite
Bonus points if you’ve got:
- Experience using customer relationship management tools (Salesforce, Cirrus) and document management solutions (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive)
This position is based in Washington, DC.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Chalkbeat offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package, including a paid winter recess from December 26-31.
Chalkbeat is the nonprofit news organization committed to covering one of America’s most important stories: the effort to improve schools for all children, especially those who have historically lacked access to a quality education. We are mission-driven journalists who believe that an independent local press is vital to ensuring that education improves. Currently in seven locations and growing, we seek to provide deep local coverage of education policy and practice that informs decisions and actions, leading to better schools. Read more about our mission and values.
Please send a PDF of your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and where you heard about it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Chalkbeat is dedicated to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Chalkbeat encourages people of all races, colors, national origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, genders, ages, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientations, and marital statuses to apply.