City Bureau is seeking a highly organized communicator with excellent writing skills to support our institutional fundraising strategy as our Development Coordinator. In this role you will work closely with our Director of Operations to draft and edit grant proposals and reports and strengthen our relationships with philanthropic partners. This is a coordinator-level position open to candidates without direct development experience who bring transferable skills, interest in fundraising and a demonstrated commitment to City Bureau’s mission. You should consider applying if:
- You see the need for local media that is accountable and responsive to communities of color in Chicago.
- You want to shift resources toward more equitable and resilient ways of sharing news and information.
- Clear writing is one of your gifts.
We want to hear from everyone who fits this description. Special consideration will be given to applicants who have worked closely with South and West Side communities.
As City Bureau’s Development Coordinator you will:
- Support our fundraising process by outlining, drafting and guiding the review process for grant proposals
- Steward our grant reporting process by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data about City Bureau’s program impacts
- Research new philanthropic partners and support our Leadership Team in outreach and relationship management
- Work with our operations team to track spending on grant activities
- Organize fundraising meetings for City Bureau’s staff and leadership team
- Understanding and commitment to City Bureau’s core values, mission and vision
- Excellent formal writing skills, with an ability to identify and appeal to diverse stakeholders
- Ability to manage complex projects with many diverse stakeholders
- Impeccable organizational skills and an ability to move projects forward independently
- Ability to learn quickly—this is a position with significant opportunities for professional growth.
Compensation and benefits
- $42,500 salary; City Bureau uses a fixed compensation structure that includes planned annual raises
- Full time with benefits package including health care, dental, vision, life insurance
- Professional development stipend, work tools stipend
- 15 days paid vacation
- Flexible work schedule – some night/weekend hours may be required.
To apply for this job please visit www.citybureau.org.