City Limits, award-winning nonprofit website that publishes in-depth and investigative policy news about New York City, seeks an Audience Engagement Editor to optimize site reach and reader engagement. This editor will play a critical role in creating a more vibrant and sustainable policy news source for New York City.
The ideal candidate will have three to five years experience involving some combination of content management, social media, or audience development in journalism.
The editor will report to the executive editor and perform the following duties:
· Manage content across all digital platforms, including posting new material on the website, managing comments, and serving sponsor ads;
· Optimizing the website for search-engines and managing Google Ad Words;
· Operating City Limits’ social media channels to promote content, engage readers and build audiences;
· Managing a suite of email newsletters from creation through delivery;
· Researching and establishing content-distribution partnerships;
· Optimizing the website and managing newsletters to increase the number of newsletter subscribers and improve the rate of member conversion; and
· Regularly tracking and reporting on site and reader metrics to inform growth and engagement.
Experience with WordPress and social media platforms is required. Experience with Mailchimp is preferred. The ideal candidate will be capable of self-direction and working with a small team, able to innovate while also recognizing the importance of City Limits’ 43-year-old mission. Creativity, hard work and passion will be key ingredients to success.
In light of the current public-health crisis, the audience-engagement editor would work remotely upon hire and shift to an office located within New York City at a point to be determined by the executive editor.
The position comes with competitive salary, vacation, healthcare and other benefits. Interested candidates should email their CV, a cover letter, two references and three examples of work to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
City Limits is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.citylimits.org.