The Executive Director’s role —a new position — is an exciting opportunity for an innovative leader with superior fund-raising, organizational and communications skills to chart our next phase of growth.
The Executive Director is responsible for working with the Board to set the organization’s annual budget and strategic plan and to secure the financial resources required to fulfill our mission. The ED will execute, in partnership with the Board, the cultivation and growth of individual, foundation, and corporate giving. The Executive Director will work with the Board to align fundraising and our flagship project, the NJ Sustainability Reporting Hub (www.SRHub.org.) The ED will engage major donors, foundations and sponsors in our work to strengthen the civics space in news and motivate citizens to solve interconnected problems faced by our society.
The successful candidate is self-motivated, flexible, forward thinking, and capable of taking a fluid organization to the next level by building on diverse relationships and partnerships. The position is 2/3 time, estimated 25-30 hours per week, and involves working remotely.
Ideal candidates have:
· A background in business development and fundraising; facility with fundraising through major donors is especially valuable
· familiarity with the media funding space, including knowledge of major philanthropic institutions
· A track-record of revenue growth
· Excellent writing, analytical, and organizational skills and attention to detail
· Inspiring leadership skills; passion for empowering others, sharing success, and fostering creative social change
· A passion for civics and solutions-based news, and advancing nonprofit journalism through innovative partnerships
The ED reports to the Board and is the organization’s administrative leader.
· Bachelor’s degree; Masters degree desirable
· Five+ years of management experience and a track record of leadership in an outcomes-based organization
· Fundraising experience and knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations
· Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis and reporting
· Knowledge of digital and social media; confident communications via social media
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position and in CivicStory’s mission to: admin@CivicStory.org. Applications should be received by August 15.
Starting Salary: $60K (estimated 25-30 hours/week); social security/Medicare
Availability: September 2020
Flexible schedule; residence in and familiarity with New Jersey preferred
· All submissions are confidential
· We are seeking applicants of diverse backgrounds
To apply for this job email your details to admin@CivicStory.org