Website The Chicago Reporter
The editor in chief shapes and directs editorial strategy and coverage for The Chicago Reporter, serving as chief editor as well as the public face of the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assigns, plans, manages and edits all Reporter stories, including several major
investigations each year, and solicits and edits commentary and freelance pieces.
- Identifies and manages reporting partnerships with local and national newsroom leaders.
- Oversees branding, marketing and promotion strategies for all Reporter content.
- Represents the Reporter at public events, conferences and in the media.
- Supervises and guides grant-writing, individual donor and other fundraising efforts to
ensure that funding furthers the editorial vision.1
- Identifies, assigns and manages special projects as needed.
- While maintaining editorial independence, as a member of the CRS senior leadership
team works collaboratively with staff of other CRS departments.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.communityrenewalsociety.org/sites/default/files/Editor in Chief Job Announcement.pdf →