EdSource is looking for a smart and energetic Social Media and Audience Growth Manager to execute outreach strategies to attract new readers, subscribers and followers.
Founded in 1977, EdSource is a highly-respected independent, nonprofit media organization with the largest team of state-based education reporters in the nation. Our principal focus is on California, within the context of education reform and innovation nationally
The Social Media and Audience Growth Manager will collaborate with other members of the digital team to implement initiatives to target new audiences, and systematically track, measure and report on readership growth and engagement.
· Conceive and execute innovative social marketing plans to reach and engage readers with editorial projects.
· Plan and execute daily social media promotion, using insight to target and engage specific audiences based on article topics; plan and provide coverage of live events.
· Cultivate connections with key education leaders, media influencers and publishing partners to cross-promote editorial, data and visual content.
· Contribute to conceptualizing and designing visual assets for social posts, to include graphics, photos, videos and animated GIFs.
· Delve deeply into EdSource’s web and social analytics to create regular performance reports, that include lessons learned, as well as analysis of competitor data.
· Candidates with 4-5 years of experience highly desired.
· Keen ability to interpret data and signals to know what stories/content are the right fit for audiences of particular platforms.
· A deep understanding of search engine, social media and social marketing optimization.
· Proficient in use of tools such as Google Analytics, Chartbeat and Parse.ly.
· Experienced with AdWords, familiarity with WordPress, basic HTML, CSS and/or JS is a plus.
· If you have managed email campaigns this will put you at the top of the list!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
EdSource Inc., is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workforce that reflects our audience and expands our voice. Its diverse staff of reporters, editors and digital talent comprise the largest editorial team on the West Coast specializing in education coverage.
Benefits and Compensation:
EdSource prides itself on paying competitive salaries and offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Send a cover letter, resume, links to your social media accounts, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Lanita Pace-Hinton, Deputy Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include job title in subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com