Injustice Watch is hiring a temporary, part-time Audience Engagement Coordinator to support our Know the System series, as well as general audience engagement, outreach and education through the end of 2019. The Audience Engagement Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the creation of original text and video content, managing posts, and engaging our audience. This person will assist in managing Injustice Watch’s image with the goal of enhancing a strong growing online community through various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook). Collecting and reviewing social media data to develop more effective online campaigns is imperative.
Injustice Watch’s Audience Engagement Coordinator should be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends.This person should have excellent marketing communication skills and be able to express Injustice Watch’s views creatively and consistently. The Audience Engagement Coordinator will manage the social media presence of Injustice Watch to ensure high levels of web traffic, especially during our “Know the System” public events. The Coordinator will further identify new community organizations throughout the city as event partners.
Duration: October – December 2019
Compensation: $15-20/hour, depending on experience
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences, especially Black and Brown POC.
- Assist in the design and implementation of social media strategies that align with Injustice Watch goals.
- Live tweet/post/report events.
- Secure resources for events including panelists, venues and partners.
Curate, create, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Monitor social media traffic and metrics.
- Develop partnerships with community organizations and other newsrooms.
- Communicate with, develop and engage audience, engage and respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor public feedback.
- Oversee social media account design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, instagram pictures and Twitter layout).
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Evaluate audience engagement, including but not limited to attendance at events, social media followers, and more.
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org