Website Lehigh Valley Public Media
Lehigh Valley Public Media is the home of public television station PBS39/WLVT, the local NPR news station WLVR, and the television station WPPT, as well as the Lehigh Valley Reads and Battling Opioids initiatives. Lehigh Valley Public Media is simply the umbrella for all our brands and initiatives.
We are a 50-year-young non-profit located 90 minutes from Manhattan and 60 minutes from Philadelphia in the rapidly-growing Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania.
We are in an exciting new era for the organization, and we seek appropriate team members for these transformational new enterprises that will ensure a community that is engaged, inspired and vibrant.
Our Mission Statement: Lehigh Valley Public Media acts as the catalyst to promote civic engagement, and to fulfill the regional needs of the Greater Lehigh Valley through its dynamic communication platforms and resources.
This team member works with the SVP of Radio and Radio Engineering and Operations Director. Employee duties include daily ops tasks, radio production, news department support and on-air combo operations and pre-produced drops. Act as back-up support for Operations Director.
· Board Operator and on-air host/talent
· Write, voice and produce promotional spots
· Production/Promotion updates from Marketing team as needed for station events.
· Gather and prep all fundraising materials from networks
· Prepare all fundraising pre-produce spots for pledge drives
· Maintain Contacts with National Distributors for updated Promos/Specials
· Every weekday produce 10 Daily Promos. Weekly, produce over 20 Weekend promos.
· Write, voice and produce daily and weekend program drops
· Prep national news content for radio news team
· Post-produce features for the Radio News Department and the SVP of radio.
· Assists SVP of Radio with local content creation
· Collecting sound for news and production purposes
· Respond to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary
· Source potential contributors
· Develop content, writing material for scripts, newsletters and digital
· Select music appropriate for continuity breaks and promotion and build library
· Contributing to, and making use of, an archive of audio resources which can be re-used
· Undertaking editing, interviewing and reporting duties as necessary
· Producing and making use of user-generated content
· Contribute and prepare content for digital
· Monitor air on a consistent basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
· Digital Audio Production
· Digital Content Production
· Radio Traffic and/or Operations experience
· On-air work
· Audio Board operation
· Understanding of FCC regulatory compliance
· On-air fundraising helpful
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
· Degree in Radio/Audio Production or at least 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience with progressively more responsible positions
COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IN THE POSITION
· Detailed oriented
If there is no option to do so through this job posting site, please send the following via email to: email@example.com
· Cover Letter
· Salary Requirements
· Please also indicate how you found out about the position
· Include the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please
PBS39 is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org