Lower Cape TV Community Reporter
Community reporter: Local news, features, and sports reporting and production, video storytelling for TV, online, and social media. Lower Cape Cod region.
Lower Cape Community TV is a nonprofit community access television organization. We air and distribute locally produced shows on a wide variety of topics, and support individuals and organizations as they produce community programming.
Our Lower Cape News efforts reflect the mantra that Local Matters and we respect and believe in the role local voice plays in connecting and sustaining community. We are also a member of the Institute for Nonprofit News and are committed to editorial quality, transparency, and best practices.
· Degree in journalism, communications, media, or video/film production.
(If you have solid journalism basics but limited video experience, we can teach you the video component.)
· Experience with story telling in words, photos, video.
· Belief in and passion for community-based journalism, community storytelling, and community voice.
· Willingness to learn technology tools and tasks.
· Willingness to teach community members video, production, and related technologies/supporting citizen-journalists.
· Comfortable interacting with people of all ages and backgrounds.
· Pleasant, positive outlook and professional manner.
· Portfolio of related work.
· Report and produce community-based news, sports, features; responsibility for multiple short pieces each week.
. Team member on topic focused magazine-style show.
· Support community video production and editing as needed (Final Cut X)
· Support studio production (basic camera work with opportunity to learn more).
· Support remote production (we do live events sometimes).
· Write social media, and other community outreach materials as needed.
Required: Writing/editing skills, samples of prior work, storytelling experience.
Preferred: Final Cut X, Videography
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com