· We are looking for an ambitious reporter with experience researching and writing stories for publication that hold public officials accountable and effect positive change in the community.
· Experience pursuing public records requests is required. Database or computer-assisted reporting skills are encouraged.
· Skilled interaction with sources and readers on social media is required. Experience telling multimedia stories is an advantage.
· Successful candidates will effectively collaborate with reporting colleagues, digital editors and television producers to select coverage ideas and develop content for publication.
· Experience covering issues in education, health care, transportation or state government is a plus.
· Ability to communicate consistently and effectively with editors when working outside the Mississippi Today newsroom is essential.
· Candidates must understand metrics and analytics that affect coverage and ensure content is optimized for search engines and social medial sharing.
· Accuracy, understanding of journalistic ethics and procedures and proficiency in AP style are expected.
· College degree in journalism, public policy or equivalent study is preferred.
What You’ll Get:
· The opportunity to work alongside award-winning journalists and make significant contributions to Mississippi’s FIRST nonprofit, nonpartisan digital news and information source.
· Competitive salary and benefits package.
· To work in a culture with passionate, creative, diverse and dedicated teammates to create and grow the organization.
How to Apply:
· Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, a resume, and writing samples to email@example.com with Investigative Reporter in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org