Website Montana Free Press
In a Nutshell: Montana Free Press, Montana’s premier statewide nonprofit news organization, has an immediate opening for an accomplished and ambitious Membership and Marketing Manager to join our team in Helena.
Established in 2016
Annual Budget: $1.2M
Headquarters: Helena, MT
Organizational Growth in 2020
128% growth in e-newsletter subscribers
129% growth in reader donations (memberships)
525% growth in average monthly site users
The Position: Reporting to the Director of Development and Operations (DDO), the Membership and Marketing Manager (MMM) will provide critical support to MTFP’s growth strategy to further MTFP’s mission. The MMM will manage the membership program and execute MTFP’s marketing plan. The MMM will also work with the Development Manager as part of the growing MTFP development team.
- Membership program
- Help fund the mission of MTFP through membership acquisition, retention and cultivation;
- Collaborate with the development team to design and implement a multifaceted membership program;
- Manage the recruitment, acknowledgement, fulfillment of benefits, renewal and steward members to higher levels of support;
- Oversee a variety of membership projects including member events, membership sales, direct mail campaigns, digital communications (ie. website and social media presence geared toward members);
- Work with third-party vendors, News Revenue Hub and Newspack.
- Marketing and audience
- Manage multi-channel direct marketing campaigns and tailor digital presence to membership program;
- Participate in developing membership goals, identifying growth opportunities, and developing strategies to meet targets;
- Create and execute the organization’s comprehensive and integrated marketing plan to achieve organization’s business objectives;
- Leverage digital marketing to strengthen brand awareness and build new audiences;
- Work with development and editorial team to design digital news products that meet needs of audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational and time management skills;
- Responsive, tactful and professional and possessing a member-centric mindset;
- Tech-savvy and data-driven;
- Digital content experience is highly desired;
- Experience using analytics tools (Google Analytics and Parse.ly preferred) and integrating learnings into organizational decision-making
- Audience/membership related experience – ideally in managing multichannel campaigns (acquisition, retention, upgrades) as revenue streams;
- Creative thinker and problem solver;
- Passionate, high-energy and perceptive;
- Experience leveraging technology in your workflow – i.e, CRM database, cloud-based collaboration, email marketing, spreadsheets, video conferencing, cloud-based project management, etc.;
- You are committed to diversity and inclusion, and its value in the workplace;
- You care about and believe in the critical role that public service journalism plays in our democracy;
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the DDO and is based at MTFP’s headquarters in Helena, MT. Remote working would be considered, but strong preference will be given to those willing to work at MTFP’s headquarters. Travel and some nights/weekends will be required and will likely increase after the pandemic.
We offer a competitive salary plus health insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement savings plan, generous holiday, sick and vacation leave, and flexible work hours.
MTFP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring employees from diverse backgrounds. People of color, women, LGBTQ+, and differently-abled people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application details: Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Membership & Marketing Manager” in the email subject line.
If you don’t meet 100% of our requirements but are ambitious, smart and driven, please apply! We are excited to welcome team members from nontraditional careers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com