OpenSecrets Position Description – Individual Giving Manager
OpenSecrets seeks an Individual Giving Manager to increase individual giving to the organization. This is a new position, created to meet the needs of our newly expanded mission and a growth plan that includes revenue diversification as a major goal. The Gifts Manager will be responsible for managing: 1) all donors under $1,000; and 2) creation of a membership program. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in building a donor program, and in upgrading as well stewarding existing donors.
OpenSecrets originated as the Center for Responsive Politics, founded in 1983, and is the nation’s leading research watchdog on money in politics. Nonpartisan and independent, its mission is to produce and disseminate peerless data and analysis on money in politics to inform and engage Americans, champion transparency, and expose disproportionate or undue influence on public policy. If you are a mission driven self-starter we would love to hear from you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Development Director, the Individual Gifts Manager will exert leadership, creativity and enthusiasm in the donor development effort and be responsible for:
* Work with Communications staff to optimize sign up of new subscribers on website and converting these prospects to donors.
* Design and execute all multi-channel funding appeals. Digital and direct mail.
* Coordinate efforts to expand the individual donor base at giving levels up to $1,000.
* Implement practices to increase gift size, attract recurring and employer matching gifts, and maximize retention.
* Maintain the OpenSecrets donor base on Little Green Light CRM.
* Manage the acknowledgment process.
* Report on development revenue and projections.
* Handle all other individual giving activities that may arise, including helping to develop campaign strategies and performing other development duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required.
* A minimum of 4 years of fundraising experience, especially with individual donors.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, and the ability to relate well with donors and work effectively with all levels of staff. Digital communications a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
* Commitment to the mission of OpenSecrets.
* Experience working with donor database software, preferably Little Green Light.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Dependability, diplomacy and discretion.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience, with a highly competitive benefits package.
OpenSecrets is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, or other non-merit factor. We celebrate diversity and encourage members of traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com