The Rivard Report, which first published in February 2012, is now a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and our stability and growth depends on our ability to expand and sustain our membership base, and to successfully seek funding from San Antonio businesses and philanthropists, and local and national foundations.
The Rivard Report Membership & Development Coordinator will provide support to the Chief Operating Officer and Publisher by maintaining the membership and donor database, generating perspective member and donor leads, assisting with membership and donor recruitment, and aiding the coordination of membership benefit and retention events.
The salary range is commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package is included. The Rivard Report is an equal opportunity employer.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
A successful membership and development coordinator will be organized, disciplined, and an energetic self-starter willing to work in a fast-paced and creative environment. The ideal candidate must have a strong interest in San Antonio and independent, non-profit journalism, and an interest in cultivating relationships and supporting organization members.
· Update and maintain the Rivard Report’s membership database and produce weekly and monthly membership reports for the Chief Operating Officer.
· Develop and send membership appeals through email, social media, mail, etc.
· Generate member prospect leads through a variety of sources including the internet, databases, periodicals, and inbound inquires.
· Work to maintain and update membership packets, prospect research, membership benefits, and recruitment and retention collateral materials.
· Develop creative ways to recognize, support, and benefit members and donors.
· Assist with member and community engagement events including assisting with planning and coordination, invitations, registration set-up, running membership table, curating follow-up lists, and following up with newsletter subscriber and member prospects.
· Track and maintain member participation and engagement statistics by creating reports and spreadsheets and use tracking information to determine potential leads and members prime for larger asks.
· Assist Publisher and COO with managing major donor strategy, prospect records and exploring opportunities for growth.
· Provide ongoing quality customer service support for Rivard Report members and donors
· Work with the other members of the business team to identify and create opportunities for cross channel promotion events with other San Antonio based organizations.
· Assist Rivard Report leadership with general administrative tasks as needed.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· A 4-year degree is required
· Possess some work experience in communications, public relations, customer service, or development
· Development and/or membership experience is preferred
· Research and data collection skills
· Experience with membership, community outreach, or community journalism organizations preferred
· Self-motivated, energetic learner
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Comfortable with working in a collaborative team environment
· Highly organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
· Previous database experience highly preferred
· Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software including, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop is a plus
· Willingness to experiment with new approaches and flexible in implementing others’ ideas
· Able to improvise with limited resources
Please send your resume, three professional references and cover letter, including salary requirements, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to:
The Rivard Report
Subject Line: Membership & Development Coordinator