Shelterforce, the only national publication devoted to affordable housing and community development news, is seeking a board member.
Shelterforce is a 46-year-old nonprofit publication centered around the fight for healthy communities. We serve the community development and housing justice worlds with in-depth stories on how housing organizing, community planning, and affordable housing development happen and could happen better. And we serve the wider public with stories that explore housing justice and community development issues and let them know what organizers and community developers are doing about it. We have a particular interest in the roles and perspectives of organizers, community-based organizations, and nonprofits working on these topics.
Board Member Job Description
Shelterforce is looking for a development officer expert to join its board of directors. This fundraising professional should be well versed in the industry trends, adept in the stewardship and solicitation of current major gift donors and prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations. Also, an understanding of online and mobile fundraising strategies is desirable. This board member will lend their knowledge and strategic perspective to assist Shelterforce’s revenue growth objective to include successfully obtaining annual fundraising goals.
Board Member Requirements
1. Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
2. Serve as a champion and ambassador of our work.
3. Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
4. Stays informed about matters pertaining to the committees they have joined, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Gets to know other board members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
6. Is an active participant in the Board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
8. Participates in fundraising for the organization.
Term: 3 years
Time Commitment: 1–2 hours a month
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is April 7, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com