- Equity Reporter, Health
- Full-time, Temporary (grant-funded position through December 2020)
- Deadline to apply: Aug. 3, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has sharpened disparities in our healthcare system, access to care, health outcomes and many other areas of our lives. Side Effects Public Media is hiring a contract reporter to work on a partnership with The Indianapolis Recorder that will enhance and broaden our coverage. Coverage will focus on health disparities, but it may include other equity issues as well.
WFYI and The Indianapolis Recorder are equal opportunity, affirmative action employers. They are jointly accepting applications for this position.
- This reporter’s work would be published by both news organizations
- Duties: report and write news on deadline for print, digital and radio
- Take part in community engagement activities
- Collaborate with other reporters and staffers on projects as needed
This position reports to the Managing Editor of Side Effects Public Media and the Editor of The Indianapolis Recorder with significant and specific assignment input and direction from the News Director.
- At least one year of experience as a reporter. A recent college graduate with significant internship and/or freelance experience will be considered.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism. A multi-media toolkit: In other words, you can report and write for print and radio. If you have limited radio experience, you can learn and apply new techniques and tools quickly.
- You are flexible and able to work with different colleagues and different editors as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.wfyi.org.