Website The Center for Public Integrity
Audience Engagement Editor
The Center for Public Integrity is looking for a journalist to develop and run an innovative audience engagement strategy for our award-winning investigations. We seek a candidate who lives and breathes social media, is capable of engaging with existing readership and expanding to new audiences. This person will be a critical hub in promoting the Center’s work and will work closely with reporters, editors and senior management to create innovative campaigns around our reporting. The ideal candidate will also interact with the traditional media and provide guidance to reporters seeking to report on the Center’s findings from investigations.
The Center for Public Integrity is committed to hiring employees from diverse backgrounds with excellent investigative journalism skills. People of color, women, LGBTQ and differently abled people are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Expectations
· Work with editors and reporters to plan social media and crowdsourcing strategies around major projects produced by the Center.
· Engage audiences on social media platforms.
· Post and promote projects on social media.
· Develop and maintain communities related to and affected by the Center’s work.
· Cultivate a larger and more engaged audience for the Center’s work.
· Consider new and innovative ways to repurpose previously published content to take advantage of the Center’s extensive archive of investigative reports.
· Monitor analytics and reader engagement and create reports for funders.
· Create online content to keep website and social media platforms fresh and updated throughout the day.
· Adhere to Code of Ethics and Editorial Standards and Practices of the Personnel Policy Manual and Employee Handbook.
· Other duties as assigned.
· University degree, preferably some experience as social media editor for a news media publication.
· Exceptional organization skills and a proven ability to work collegially with others.
· Salary is negotiable.
TO APPLY: All applications should include a cover letter, resume, and contain a description/example of at least one successful social media campaign. Please send to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Aug. 15, 2017
The Center for Public Integrity was founded in 1989 by investigative journalist Charles Lewis. We are one of the country’s oldest and largest nonpartisan, nonprofit investigative news organizations. We are also the winner of the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting and the 2017 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory reporting.
Our mission: To serve democracy by revealing abuses of power, corruption and betrayal of public trust by powerful public and private institutions, using the tools of investigative journalism.