Website The GroundTruth Project, Inc.
The GroundTruth Project, home to Report for America, is seeking a Sr. Editor to join our team at in our Boston or DC offices.
THE GROUNDTRUTH PROJECT is an award-winning, independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit news organization dedicated to supporting the next generation of journalists in the U.S. and around the world. Our mission is to restore journalism from the ground up by supporting the next generation of journalists through field reporting that serves under-covered corners of the United States and the world.
We’re looking for someone who is drawn to our mission to train the next generation of journalists in the U.S. and abroad, strengthening the role that a free press plays in societies around the world. Over the last five years, GroundTruth has supported emerging journalists to produce award-winning, in-depth journalism on some of the world’s biggest stories including climate change, global migration and the effects of war on women and girls. We distribute our work with high-quality partners including FRONTLINE, The Atlantic, TIME, PRX, and USA Today.
· Collaborate with the CEO/Editor-in-Chief and Chief Content Officer to lead GroundTruth’s coverage, editing content for the GroundTruth website and for distribution/co-publication with editorial partners.
· Work with editorial team (digital editor, deputy digital editor, web producer, etc.) to develop and execute a content strategy for GroundTruth that includes expanding content and editorial partnerships as part of the scaling up of our Report for America (RFA) program.
· Guide and manage GroundTruth reporting fellows in accordance with GroundTruth’s quality standards and style guidelines, and similarly support RFA Corps Members, coordinating with RFA staff.
· Manage “On the Ground” dispatches from our RFA corps by designing and leading an editorial process in concert with our Deputy Digital Editor and coordinate a publication strategy for a rapidly growing number of Report for America corps members.
· Help facilitate and grow long-term editorial and academic partnerships.
· Help facilitate and grow relationships with GroundTruth’s current and prospective funders.
· Manage the application and submission process for annual editorial awards, with support fromProgram Coordinator.
Please submit applications to: https://groundtruth.submittable.com/submit/159811/senior-editor
The GroundTruth Project is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.