Website Voice of San Diego
Nonprofit news powered by members.
SUMMARY: The Director of Development is responsible for generating revenue and meeting budgetary goals by building relationships and securing partnerships with corporate and non-profit sponsors, underwriters, major donors, members, and local foundations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with CEO and COO to secure yearly revenue goals.
Create and execute annual fundraising plan.
Develop and maintain relationships with major donors, foundations, corporate partners, and Partner Voices sponsors.
Mine for community partners, major donors and local foundations.
Manage and coordinate donor meetings for CEO and COO.
Manage membership program. Design and implement strategies to increase membership participation and donations.
Maintain robust partner pipeline by continuously monitoring and cultivating membership pool and generating new leads from community networking.
Maintain proper blend of underwriters and advertisers to comply with nonprofit tax regulations.
Oversee community partner and media partnership programs.
Develop event strategy. Supervise and attend all VOSD events.
Produce partner recognition and sponsorship performance reports.
Prepare reports as requested by location foundations.
Prepare grant and advertising/sponsorship proposals in a timely manner.
Collect ad/sponsorship payments.
Supervise preparation of partner contracts and manage invoicing for ad/sponsorship agreements.
Oversee ads and manage rotations to ensure promised benefits are delivered.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree History, English, communications or a related field/equivalent degree is required.
- Five or more years of experience working in the field of fundraising and development.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, partners, and donors.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills. Ability to schedule and plan effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills; write clearly and passionately to convey the mission and message of Voice of San Diego.
- Event planning and management experience is a bonus.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to VOSD_HR@voiceofsandiego.org.
To apply for this job email your details to VOSD_HR@voiceofsandiego.org