What wouldn’t you know, if not for nonprofit news media?
In 2016, reporters in nonprofit newsrooms across America broke thousands of stories while pursuing journalism in the public interest.
INN Members: Fact-based and community-focused. Transparent and non-partisan. Reporting for you.
Stay Up To Date
News from INN and our members. Delivered weekly.
What We Offer
Our trade publication and guides for running a nonprofit newsroom.
Learn from the best in the business.
Don’t have your own 501(c)3 yet? We can help.
Investing in nonprofit business experimentation.
Access to preferred rates for media and nonprofit insurance.
Need a little extra help?
We offer affordable consulting services (at an even more discounted rate for members).
Web Design + Development
From full redesigns and CMS migrations to technology audits—and more.
Business + Growth Strategy
Sustainable revenue and audience development for nonprofit news organizations.
Data analysis and visualization for special editorial projects.
“INN provides support and business-model training for nonprofit news organizations, helping to create a solid foundation upon which they can build.”
– Mark Horvit, National Institute for Computer Assisted Reporting
- The Laura and John Arnold Foundation
- Atlantic Philanthropies
- Democracy Fund
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- Buzz Woolley
- The Peter and Carmen Lucia Buck Foundation
- Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation
- The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Karin Winner