- This event has passed.
From The Field: Award Season Prep with ProPublica
January 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Please note: This event is for INN members only. Not yet a member of INN? Explore membership.
Every INN member is committed to publishing high-quality, public service journalism, and we want that coverage celebrated on every stage – from the Nonprofit News Awards to the Pulitzer Prizes! With awards season already in full swing, Ziva Branstetter, senior editor at ProPublica, is coming to share best practices for pitching your stories for awards. We’ll cover everything from navigating multiple award deadlines to writing successful cover letters, and make sure there’s still time for a Q & A session.
You’ll walk away with a:
- Cheat sheet of best practices for journalism award entries
- Calendar with journalism award competitions and deadlines
- Folder with examples of successful (and unsuccessful) cover letters
Deadlines are approaching quickly, so make sure to register now! If you’d like a copy of the recording, make sure to register as well.
- Ziva Branstetter, Senior Editor at ProPublica
- Gracie McKenzie, Impact + Audience Editor at The Trace
- Tara Francis Chan, Managing Editor & Operations Director at The Appeal