About the Job
At INN, the Growth Programs team helps nonprofit newsrooms become sustainable by growing revenue and cultivating diverse leadership. We do this by providing members with professional development experiences, fundraising services, and virtual and in-person gatherings.
The primary purpose of the Growth Programs Coordinator is to streamline INN’s delivery of services, programs, events, and communications to newsrooms by coordinating the administrative functions of the Growth Programs department and providing executive support to the Chief of Growth Programs.
You should apply if:
- You’re highly organized and like to develop better ways of working to get things done
- You’re very comfortable (and even prefer) relying on project management tools like Asana or Trello to manage tasks
- You solve problems in a resourceful way by taking the initiative to gather feedback and research to design a solution
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment and are comfortable using tools like Slack and Zoom to stay connected with others
- You have experience organizing spreadsheets and using formulas to summarize data
- Manage shared calendars and schedule group meetings
- Screen and route general inquiries about programs, events, and other offerings
- Create forms and surveys to collect information, track completion, and perform outreach to fill in blanks
- Collect vendor information to process contracts and payments
- Manage and track the delivery of member service requests
- Organize team files and documents to make it easier to retrieve information
- Create checklists and templates to streamline administrative tasks
- Collaborate with team and other departments to design and implement workflow improvements
Webinar and event support
- Set up event registration pages and support in sending invitations
- Coordinate event scheduling and promotion in collaboration with other teams at INN
- Provide logistical support for virtual and in-person events (e.g., securing supplies, operating slides, booking rooms, responding to inquiries, etc.)
- Collect information to schedule trainers and speakers
- Schedule meetings on behalf of the Chief of Growth Programs and create meeting agendas or take notes when needed
- Support in coordinating special projects led by the Chief of Growth Programs
Data management and reporting
- Build and maintain spreadsheets to organize data and information
- Produce summary reports by synthesizing data found in spreadsheets and dashboards
- Clean and import spreadsheet data into databases
Things you would work on:
- Design and coordinate the process for collecting, reviewing, and selecting session ideas for our annual member conference
- Improve the user experience of our Notion database of fundraising resources; Set up a monthly process to audit and add new resources
- Utilize member CRM to build a targeted list of newsrooms to promote a particular service based on their size or editorial focus; Send outreach emails, track responses, and follow up when appropriate
- Coordinate with a group of member newsrooms to find and schedule a meeting time across timezones
The Institute for Nonprofit News (INN) strengthens and supports more than 400 independent news organizations in a new kind of news network: nonprofit, nonpartisan, and dedicated to public service. From local news to in-depth reporting on pressing global issues, INN’s members tell stories that otherwise would go untold — connecting communities, holding the powerful accountable, and strengthening democracy.
Learn more about our work at inn.org.
About our work culture
- INN is an entirely remote organization. This comes with perks! However, we’re not fully asynchronous. Team members are expected to be available during regular business hours in their time zone to engage with one another and our members.
- We depend on digital tools to work together. The nature of remote work requires team members who are comfortable relying on software like Slack, Asana, and Google Drive to collaborate and communicate with one another throughout the day.
- We’re serving a rapidly growing market. And to keep pace, we operate with an entrepreneurial and startup mentality. We approach our work with curiosity and problem-solve with experimentation and creativity.
- Our primary tech stack: Slack, Google Drive, Asana, Zoom, Notion, Neon CRM
Compensation & Conditions
INN has operated as a remote team since 2016, and this will be a remote position. The salary range for this position is $48,000 to $55,000, based on experience, education, and potential; generous equipment, vacation, retirement, and learning benefits. This job involves U.S. travel to 1 or 2 domestic trips a year.
We value diversity, work in the open and do everything we can to give back to the journalism and nonprofit communities. INN is an equal-opportunity employer, and we’re actively seeking to increase diversity in our operation and across the field of journalism. We encourage applications from communities traditionally underrepresented in news media. Our values.
Please use this link to submit a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should include a summary of two or three past job duties you have had that would be relevant to this assignment.