The Amplify News Project is an effort to expand distribution and collaboration within nonprofit news organizations. From a base within our Midwest member newsrooms, this project has three main goals:
- To test the limits of nonprofit partnerships within INN itself through editorial collaborations;
- To create external partnerships to test distribution collaborations;
- To provide audience development support and measurement strategies to our members.
Amplify also manages editorial collaborations for INN members, often in collaboration with non-members. Amplify collaborations so far have included:
- Seeking a Cure: The quest to save rural hospitals
- Lens on Lightfoot: Seven independent newsrooms report on Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s administration
- From Rust to Resilience: What climate change means for Great Lakes cities
- Translating Chicago Stories
- Lesson Plans: Rural schools grapple with COVID-19
The project is funded through the generous support from the Robert R. McCormick Foundation and The Joyce Foundation and general support from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. It benefits from partnership with the Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications at Northwestern University, Public Narrative, the Chicago Media Project and INN's member news organizations throughout the Midwest.
If you have any questions about the Amplify News Project, are interested in republishing content from our members or have an idea for a collaboration, please feel free to email email@example.com.