- This event has passed.
INN Town Hall: Possibilities in Nonprofit News
February 13 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PST
In the wake of recent media layoffs, INN has fielded many questions from journalists and civil leaders about the potential of nonprofit newsrooms to offset the kinds of newsrooms cuts we're seeing in commercial media. This Town Hall is open to anyone seriously exploring nonprofit options in news. We'll include:
- a brief overview of the growth of this emerging news field
- typical challenges and approaches that can work for communities seeking to start nonprofit newsrooms
- what's different about nonprofit news
- pros, cons and considerations for journalists on becoming social entrepreneurs in order to support their reporting.
- some smart first steps in exploring the possibilities
Our discussion will be led by INN Executive Director Sue Cross and Director of Learning and Sustainability Fran Scarlett. Register here.