Job Description: Community Engagement Editor (PT)
The Community Engagement Editor (part-time) will increase CivicStory’s audience as follows: 1) build our email subscription list through social media – primarily Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; 2) expand relationships in news, philanthropy, and business through email and phone communications; 3) support donor relations and fund-raising activities; 4) attend board meetings (once every 2 months) and provide audience growth/engagement metrics as needed. This role is an exciting opportunity for an individual with communications and marketing experience to advance an innovative news site and increase its impact. Approximately 40 hours/month (10 hours/week.) Compensation negotiable. The Community Engagement Editor reports to CivicStory’s Creative Director, consults with creative team members, and can work remotely approximately 85% of the time. New Jersey residence preferred.
· analytical, enthusiastic team player; excellent writing and speaking skills
· excellent time management & organizational skills
· 2 years marketing, communications, customer relations, or development experience
· track-record in raising organizational visibility and/or fund-raising
· strong interest in news, culture & current events, humanities, civics
· social media, digital media, computer proficient; Excel; Word; Photo Shop
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in liberal arts, communications, journalism, or marketing Interested candidates should send a 1-2 page CV and brief cover letter by August 1, 2017, to: Editors@CivicStory.org Start date: August 21, 2017, or when available
CivicStory is a nonprofit news site and producer of short videos about civics, sustainability, and creative growth in New Jersey cities. Our mission is to advance solutions-based news about citizens and organizations changing their communities for the better. We’re a 501 (c) (3) entity based in Summit, NJ, and incorporated under the name NJ Arts News, Inc.